Initiation of a series of effective TCM preparations:
1) Shenqi Qiangli capsule: It shores up energy, invigorates flaccid paralysis, nourishes and promotes tissue regeneration. It is used for myatrophic diseases caused by depletion of vitality of motor neuron disease, progressive muscular dystrophy, multiple myositis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, syringomyelia.
2) Qilong Yiqi powder: It shores up energy, invigorates flaccid paralysis, eliminates phlegm and induces resuscitation. It is used for dysarthria, chest distress and shortness of breath, dyspnea, fright due to deficiency of qi and a lot of phlegm but difficult to cough up caused by motor neuron disease caused by blockage of phlegm and closed aperture.
3) Shenzhe Jiangqi Powder: It resolves blockage and reduces reflux. It is used for dysarthria, weakness of chewing, being choked and coughing when drinking and eating, cheek bulging and air leaking caused by motor neuron disease diagnosed with circulation of vital energy in the wrong direction and obstruction and rejection.
4) Guishao Pingchan powder: It shores up energy, invigorates flaccid paralysis, nourishes tissue regeneration and tonics tendon. It is used for increasing muscular tension, stiff limbs and trunk and obvious twitching of muscles associated with motor neuron diseases.
5) Yilian Qiwei powder: It clears heat and transforms dampness. It is used for restless fever hands and feet, thirsty and bitter taste, yellow urine, yellow fur and slippery and rapid pulse caused by motor neuron disease diagnosed with congestion and excess of dampness and heat.
6) Zaolian Anshen Powder: It clears the heat, resolves depression, and tranquilize mind. It is used for deprementia, twitching of muscles, stress and anxiety, insomnia and dreamful sleep caused by motor neuron disease diagnosed with syndrome of heat disturbing heart-mind.
7) Sanhuang Zengli Powder: It shores up energy, invigorates flaccid paralysis, reinforces qi and nourishes blood. It is used for motor neuron disease, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, and muscle weakness, flaccid limbs and trunk, body weight difficulties, and decreased muscular tension caused by scleroderma diagnosed with deficiency of qi and blood.